NOON Company Commitment to PEFC Values
NOON for Printing& Manufacturing of Packaging Materials is committed to the principles promoted by the Forest Stewardship Council of environmentally appropriate,socially beneficial and econmically viable management of forests. To achieve PEFC objectives a comprehensive management system is in place to ensure:
- Issues are identified through plantation planning and management processes
- An effective community consultation process is implemented including complaints resolution and feedback processes
- Involvement and input of workers is valued and Effective monitoring and auditing processes are in place to confirm standards and values are being met and to provide the basis for continual improvement.
NOON for Printing& Manufacturing of Packaging Materials is committed to identifying the source of all wood used as an input to its ‘volume credit account’ and in the manufacture of its PEFC - labeled product. NOON for Printing& Manufacturing of Packaging Materials takes all reasonable measures to ensure that we do not purchase:
- Timber that has been illegally harvested;
- Timber from genetically modified trees;
- Timber from areas where traditional or civil rights are violated;
- Timber from uncertified high conservation value forests or from endangered forests;
- Timber from natural forest that has been converted to plantations or non - forest use.
Any claims that wood being purchased by NOON for Printing& Manufacturing of Packaging Materials from unacceptable sites will be formally investigated. A Complaints Log will be maintained to confirm the complaints made and actions taken. This policy statement is available to the public via our web-site.